The Abbey Lofts is a 24-unit loft conversion carved from a neo-Gothic church that was built in the Medieval Revival style in 1911. The light-grey solid limestone walls and stone cladding of architect William George Burns’ church, built for a Methodist congregation, are unchanged in nearly a century. The 90-foot church tower, built with the same limestone, quarried in St. Mary Ontario, is a square campanile with pseudo ‘battlements’ on top. The architects have taken care to retain as much of the original 1911 Edwardian interior as possible. There are original, exposed limestone walls, original church doors (with newer windows) and stained glass archways. Inside the former church, one Abbey Lofts unit has retained the three original solid wood church doors, fronting onto a 30-foot terrace. The elegant, arched doors have glass insets. Almost every unit has original exposed walls, some with 13-foot ceilings in sunken living rooms. The majority of the ground floor suites have spacious terraces and sunken living rooms. This building only has 24 units ranging in size from 1,000 to 3,000 square feet. The Abbey Lofts is one of the richest character lofts in the city. The lofts feature original 17-foot, wood-vaulted ceilings, exposed limestone walls and restored stained glass windows.